Your experience starts in Christchurch, our bus will transport you to Mt Hutt ski area, via the very scenic Rakaia River Gorge for some of the best photos.
On arrival at the Mt Hutt Ski field, you can enjoy and have some fun in the snow, Travel to the top of the mountain on the Chair-lift*, experience how a ski area operates, and enjoy your lunch at the mountains famous Hubers cafe.
Depart Mt Hutt for the township of Methven where you can explore this ski and farming town with its shops, cafes, and the Agricultural & Alpine encounter which is included in the price.
Day trip Details:
* Christchurch central hotel pick-ups prior to 8.30am.
* Rakaia Gorge scenic stop for photos.
* Chairlift ride to the top of Mt Hutt.
* Lunch supplied at Hubers Hut Cafe on Mt Hutt
* Methven Township visit
* Entry to the NZ Alpine & Agricultural Centre
* Transport back to Christchurch
*Tour operation in part or in whole is subject to weather conditions and factors outside of our control.
Warm clothing is available for hire once at Mt Hutt Ski Area
Sturdy footwear required - Snow-boots and 'shoe chains' are available for hire on the day.